Sunday, June 28, 2015

Catch-22

Summer has begun and I've started reading again. First book on my list is Catch-22 and after a week I finally finished it. It usually takes only a couple hours for me to finish mostnovels but for some reason classics take much longer. Anyways, Catch-22 began the same way most classics start out for me...I was bored to tears-literally. The only thing that kept me going were the reviews online; they all insisted that the acclaimed book was a comedy and a good laugh. However, even after finishing the book I can't really agree with that (the laughing part). But half-way through the book the protagonist and other characters became more relatable and I finished happily. It's not the average war novel and focuses more less on the fighting. I'll try to put no spoilers but the ending was definitely the best. Yossarian, the protagonist, did not disappoint the readers and brought the ending to a close with the right decision. Overall, I'm glad I read it. Once you get through the first half and keep track of all the characters, it's actually pretty good. I might even read it a second time. BTW, I'm not sure if this counts as cheating (in the literature world), but if I don't get a chapter I go on Shmoop or some other website and read their analysis. Just FYI. Thanks for reading this mini review and cya soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment