Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dying hair with Kool Aid

One of my friends had blond/brown colored hair. But in the bottom layers of her hair, she had these amazing red highlights. The trick? Kool Aid. Yeah a lot of people criticize it and say that it doesn't work at all or it fades away within a few days. But since the powder costs less than a dollar I tried it out. Basically you boil some water and add the color of your choice in and stir in a bit. Then empty into a container and dip your hair in. Since it was my first time (I used the cherry flavor), I was a bit skeptical. When I dried my hair off with some paper towels, it seemed that most of the color rubbed off. The colored water had turned from a dark red to a yogurt colored pink, though. Once I got in the shower, more of the coloring vanished down the drain. Once I got out of the shower I had no hope. Only a few stands retained the color. BUT in the sun or in office-lighting, you can clearly see the color. No kidding, it's subtle enough that not everyone could notice it but once in a while, in the right lighting it looks amazing. So it's basically like a mirage. I tried it out because I figured it wouldn't damage my hair because it's edible. Overall, my experience with it is a 5 star. In case your wondering: 1. I used one package of the cherry powder on my first try and after around two weeks used two more packages. 2. For a more vibrant color, use more of the product (in my experience). 3. After around two washes, the smell of the Kool Aid no longer lingers in your hair. 4. It's been about a year, but the colors are still in my hair. 5. In some lighting my hair looks more like a deep purple than red. Good luck and cya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment